Sunday 29 March 2009

Everything improving...

A very busy week at work and training this week. The sponsorship at this stage is going well, we have had £1,200 donated so far towards my target of £2,000. I've been amazed by the support and generosity of everyone and t really does help me get out and train knowing that.
The short 30 minute runs are really helping my cardio work now, my heart rate is noticably lower and my stamina and speed are increasing. Toda I ran 7.5 mile in 69 minutes and felt pretty good afterwards. There is no way I can run at this pace in the race as I'd burn out, but knowing how far I was running meant I could push things and I was pleased with the result.
We're only three more weekends away before the big race - next weekend will see my last long run - a 20 miler and after that I start to wind things down endurance wise to build up energy and keep the cardio work going.
I'm now really paying attention to what I am eating and drinking to compliment that and will increase this with two weeks to go.
Thank you once again to all of you who have supported me through sponsorship so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment