Sunday 22 March 2009

Cranking it up....

First major run with new shoes today - 15 miles. After Silverstone last weekend this is now getting into the serious part of training, Still need o do my base cardio runs but now conditioning my body to distance and building up endurance is key. I will build up the miles in the next two runs to hit 20 miles and then start to back down in preparatio for the big day.

My number in the marathon came through today - 2449 and I'm going from the Red Start. We've also started discussing viewing on the day - I really want my family there around 17 - 18 miles as this is when I need that extra support - they want to be there at the finish as well but I always find this so emotional I'll be even more of a wreck!

Anyway - today 15 miles in 2 hours 40 minutes which I was happy with. I'd LOVE to break 5 hours on the day so this wasn;t a bad effort - the real thing is another 11 miles though!

New trainers were good, but feet a bit sore from breaking them in. My energy levels and pace were good and my knees just about held up - might need to look at supporting them more.

Knowing I now have people sponsoring me and supporting me gives me a massive lift and drive. It gets me out the door and doing this. Thank you, all of you who have donated so generously already!

No comments:

Post a Comment