Thursday 23 April 2009

Registration!

Ran my last 'run' over the weekend - 5 miles in 48 minutes which I was happy with - no aches and pains.

I have spent most of this week concentrating on diet - more carbohydrates and increasing this as the week goes on.

Today I went to the Excel Arena in London and registered for the race - I got my number - 2449 - and I am running from the Blue Start. It begins at 9.45am so I should think I'll be going through around 10.00am. I am aiming for around 5 hours which will get me in around 3pm.

The exhibition was great and really brought it home to me what I am attempting. It was quite emotional signing in, it felt like this is really happening now. I also have my race chip and a band giving mile breakdowns for pace. They also gave us a goody bag with all sorts of stuff in, including som Cranberry Sauce which I can't quite work out!

I really can't wait now and will do a post on Saturday evening before the event... the next time after that will be after I have done the race.

I am really looking forward to it and just hope everything goes well. It's been very hot and sunny this week so I hope it gets cooler by Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment