Monday 13 April 2009

Dispair and relief!

Wow, now THAT was an interesting 72 hours!

Went out on my final 10 miler on Saturday, ran fine for 4 miles and then in the space of a minute, just blew up completly - couldn't run another step and was leaning over a gate for five minutes feeling awful. Walked another mile and tried to run again but absolutely no chance. Very scary for me as I am very Churchillian in these things - never, NEVER surrender etc. and this just doesn't happen. Also, this close to the day etc.

Got home and talked it through with Kirsty and a fellow runner and I think it just boiled down to working too hard, drinking too much and eating the wrong food. Decision made, no more booze until the day and diet sorted.

The net result was I got up this morning and ran over 10 miles, no problems at all, and although the time wasn't amazing (11 minute miles) I felt fine after.

So, two weeks of decent diet and no alchohol. I think in a weird way Fridays blow out worked in making me realise I cannot do everything and that I have to give my body a chance.

Also bought a knee support from a physiotherapist friend and that seems to have worked for te knee over 8 miles when it has hurt in the past so a good investment there. Kirsty also has got some Ibrupofen Gel whic worked miracles on the knee after last week and another friend suggested plasters for the nipples to stop the rubbing. So all the gory parts are being taken care of.

It looks like there could be rail engineering works on the day (bloody typical) so we are starting to plan our travel arrangements - half of my family are coming down - even my sister who has found a loud hailer - oh my god!

I also have to get a running shirt sorted this week to get my name and my companies on who have sponsored me and then the fun starts next week - registration etc!

This is the last 10 miler I did and another post next week with the build up!

No comments:

Post a Comment