Sunday 22 February 2009

Shinsplints

Aaaargh! Just when I thought I was getting there. Got head right, ran 30 minutes on Tuesday, cranked up the speed and did another 30 minutes on Thursday and noticed a persistant dull ache in my legs, ran 3.6 miles in 34 minutes on Saturday and could hardly walk for pain in my shins by the evening.

Looked it on on Wikipedia and it's caused by excessive running in beginners - thats me and also not running in good enough trainers. Well it's my fault I've been talking about getting a pair for weeks. The upshot is rest until it goes away, but trainers tomorrow and walking around wlike a bear with a sore head today as I had a 13.5m planned which I am very p****d ff I didn;t do as I wanted a comparison on any improvement from last week.

I'm going to have to be more structured on my long runs - Silverstone is only 3 weeks away and I want to get two 15 milers in before then and have a low key week before hand. Then after I can really crank it up in the lead up.

Still, another lesson learnt - don't over do it and use the best equipment you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment