Sunday 25 January 2009

Week One Training

Well the first weeks training is done. I have to say I now feel a lot better about things than I did when I started and motivated again. Those first runs truly are awful!

The weeks schedule was:
Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: 20mins jog
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: 20 mins jog
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 20 mins jog
Sunday: 5 mile run

This was the route for Sunday which is fairy hilly:



I managed this in 54min 03 sec which is about 11 minute miles - very slow for all you seasoned runners out there! - but I felt comfortable and I could have gone further. I tried to keep my heart rate down to keep stamina.

Hopefully next week I will start to find things easier and also highlighted the need for me to lose weight. I was close to 15st 7lb at the start of the week and 15st 1lb by the end. I really should be etween 12st 7lb and 13st by race day, so a good motivater to stay off the beer and crisps - especially when you pull on the running top and see that wobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment